Everyone wants to be healthy and vigorous throughout their life. But more so being healthy in old age is just like a boon. Since, old age brings with itself many health problems and if you are not taking complete care of yourself then these diseases becomes hard to cure and manage in old age. Here are given some useful health tips for old age:
Drink enough water:
It cleanses your body machinery and helps your heart in functioning well. Drinking of enough water will keep away chances of kidney stone and urine problem. It will also keep you looking young and active along with natural glow on your face.
Inclusion of regular exercise in your daily life is the best health tips for old age. Exercising will not only help in promoting brain regeneration but also obviate decline in body parts. Practice any form on exercise depending on what you and your body can manage. Talk to you health care provider on what exercise you should undertake in your old age. Seniors can also use yoga which generates flexibility and balance in their body.
Well balanced diet:
Well balanced diet plays a very important part in keeping you healthy in old age. Avoid taking rich food like sweets, high stuffed and fried. As it will leave impact on your lever and may result in damaging it. You should add calcium rich diet as it will strengthen your bones. In old age teeth becomes week and so diet should also be soft cooked so that it intake is easy. Add fruits, vegetables and greens in your daily diet to maintain your health in old age. Proper nutritional food keeps many diseases away and also save you from common problems of aging. Addition of nutrition food can save from problem like obesity, cardiovascular diseases, diabetes and osteoporosis as these are generally prevalent nutrition related health problems which occur in old age.
Be happy and engage in recreational activities:
During old age, Factors like social isolation, low income and depression affect health in old age. Loneliness is a common problem in old age and leads to related problems. During this time, it becomes all the more important for seniors to take on some activity which occupy their time. Take part in social activities and indulge in pursuing your hobbies in spare time. Make friends and make use of their company to keep yourself active and happy.
Be happy and visit your doctor regularly:
During old age, seniors should take deep care of their health. This includes a regular visit to a health care professional. You should visit and consult your doctor regularly and try to implement all the suggestions and precautions given by your doctor.
Health in old age is not that hard to have and maintain. All you need is to follow some simple steps which can be easily included in your daily life without much effort. Most likely you are to know them already but now is the time to get started.
- Since in the old age, you can not digest or tolerate every food but your energy requirement does not decrease, you need to decrease the quantity of food but in way that adequate amounts of all nutrients remain intact. Hence carbohydrates, fats, protein and vitamins need to be accordingly increased or decreased to provide the required energy and food.
- Fat intake in your body should be reduced or increased as per your body weight is concerned. Protein and iron are to remain intact as they were before. Extra calcium is very much important for the old age since it helps you getting strength in your bones.
- Raised blood pressure is a very common problem in old age due to diminished renal function. To combat this, you need to take less, in fact go for a restricted fat and salt intake.
- Another big problem of old age is the diabetes. It occurs to the impaired ability of the elderly to utilize the carbohydrates because of the decreased sensitivity of cells to insulin. The remedy of this lies with the use of low carbohydrates, especially glucose which is often recommended by the physicians.
- There is one more thing that is really serious is smoking. Stop puffing to avoid extra wrinkles and maintain the elasticity of your skin. Avoid it more because it is a major cause of heart diseases more often related to old age.
- Exercise regularly to keep your self fit. Regular weight bearing exercises restrict weight changes. Initially exercise for two minutes and then, gradually increase the duration. Warm up is one must activity you have to do before the exercise. Also make sure you consult your physician before starting your exercise plan.