To be a peaceful listener:
1. Be peaceful within, calming the mind in order to listen deeply.
2. Listen with your heart by keeping an open posture (stance), a receptive (open) and calm expression, and a kind, non-judgmental attitude.
3. Listen with your full attention.
4. Only if the person finds it difficult to speak, be curious, encouraging them by making gentle, open-ended enquiries.
5. Be aware that interruptions (making comments, noises or facial expressions) are not necessary; sometimes they can influence or distract the person from expressing their feelings or telling their story in their own way.
Always be a good listener rather than a “bad talker”… whether it is your Boss (or u may lose the job / will always be in tension…haa..haa..), colleagues or even subordinates… to understand them clearly.