Dept. of Pension & Pensioners’ Welfare
Lok Nayak Bhawan
New Delhi – 110 003
Sub: Request for Information under the provisions of RTI Act
At the outset, I would request you, in case you are not presently the Central Public Information Officer, to kindly pass this Request to the concerned officer for furnishing me the following information. The necessary Postal Order for Rs.10/= is enclosed.
1. Whether Central Govt employees getting absorbed in Central Public Sector Undertakings (Central PSUs), with a qualifying service of more than 10 years but less than 20 years, are eligible for Full Pension (and NOT pro-rata pension) as per provisions contained in item No. 5.3 under the category PENSION in OM F. No.38/37/08-P&PW(A) dated 2nd September 2008?
2. If answer to the above is yes, will the past pensioners absorbed in Central PSUs before 1.1.2006, who did not avail 100% Commutation in lieu of the earlier pro-rata pension, are also eligible to get their Basic Pension refixed based on the principle under item (1) above in conjunction with the revision of Pension as per guidelines issued vide OM F.No. No.38/37/08-P&PW(A) dated 1st September 2008?
The Reply received from DOP & PW:
Please refer to your RTI Application dated 8.5.2010 received by this CPIO on 7.6.2010.
2. Regarding your query No.1, it is confirmed that para 5.3 of OM dated 2.9.08 is applicable, among others, to Central Government employees absorbed in PSUs etc. on or after 1.1.2006.
3. Regarding Query No.2, the provisions of OM dated 2.9.08 are not applicable to those who retired / got absorbed in PSUs etc. before 1.1.2006. Their pension is to be revised w.e.f 1.1.2006 in accordance with OM No. 38/37/08-P&PW(A) dated 1.9.08 as clarified from time to time.
4. If you are not satisfied with the above reply, you may submit an appeal to the Appellate Authority. The Appellate Authority is Mrs. Tripti P. Ghosh, Director (PP), Department of Pension and Pensioners’ Welfare.
From the above, it is amply clear that post-1-1-2006 retirees (of all categories including PSU absorbees) having less than 20 years QS (but more than 10 years anyway) are also eligible for Full Pension, which means NO pro-rata Pension any more. However, this benefit is not extended to pre-2006 retirees, which is a major descrimination. The maximum difference in Pension in respect of two persons retired from a comparable post, with one person in pre-2006 category and the other in post-2006, with a minimum of 10 years of QS in both cases, would amount to 230%!!!! This is a major injustice…
Thanks : Veerendra Kumar who posted this in another site.