GOVERNMENT OF INDIA
MINISTRY OF RAILWAYS, RAILWAYBOARD
COMMERCIAL CIRCULAR NO. 18 of 2011
New Delhi, dated 13.5.2011
The General Managers(Comml),
All Indian Railways.
Sub: Increase in the element of concession to men senior citizens from 30% to 40% and reduction in the age limit for women senior
citizens from 60 to 58 years.
As per existing provisions contained in S.No.36 of Annexure to rule 101 ofIRCA Coaching Tariff No. 25, Part-I (Vol. II), Senior citizens of minimum 60 years are eligible for concession in the basic fares of Mail/Express trains and all inclusive fares of Rajdhani/ Shatabdi/ Jan Shatabdi trains. The element of concession is 30% for men senior citizens and 50% for women senior citizens.
2. As announced by Hon’ble MR in Budget Speech for 2011-12, it has been decided to reduce the minimum age for availing concession from 60 years to 58 years in case for women senior citizens. However, the element of concession will continue to remain at 50%.
3. It has also been decided to increase the element of concession in case of men senior citizens from 30% to 40%. The minimum age will, however, continue to be 60 years in case of men.
4. There will be no change in other terms and conditions.
5. This concession will be admissible on tickets purchased on and after 01.06.2011. In case of tickets already issued for travel on & after 01.06.2011, refund of difference of fares will not be admissible.
6. This issues with the concurrence of the Finance Directorate of the Ministry of Railways.
7. Wide publicity through various media may be given at regular intervals. Necessary instructions may be issued to all concerned immediately including PRS/UTS and compliance ensured.
Director Passenger Marketing