Safety near gas stoves

Received from another forum:

This is a shocking episode that happened last Friday (13th May 2011) in Pune. This may be a good, useful lesson in safety for all of us to remember.


I was talking to someone I know, a person who is normally quite lively and chirpy but who sounded rather down and depressed this morning. This is the story that I heard, the reason behind the depression… A family firend had died due to burns sustained in the kitchen.
The gas stove was on, cooking under process. The lady observed some cockroaches near the sink and grabbed a can of insect repellent and sprayed it..Near the gas stove, which was on/burning. There was an explosion and in no time the poor woman was covered in flames, sustained 65% burns. Her husband rushed in, tried to douse the flames and his clothes too caught fire. The husband is still in hospital, in the burns ward, still unaware that his wife has succumbed, dead on arrival.

I’ve been trying to gather some information on the inscet repellents such as “Hit”, “Mortein” etc. Are they inflammable? I guess they are, and the nano-particles spread extremely rapidly.
Did the poor lady realise the hazard involved? Apparently not!

Spread the word around…. who knows you may save more than a life…

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “Safety near gas stoves

  1. It is really useful information regarding safe use of gas and not to use the spray for killing of cockroche and insects while gas stove is on From V.V.Kumbar Hubli

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s